Some facts about community colleges, including our own three great ones:
- California community colleges educate 70 percent of our state’s nurses.
- California community colleges train 80 percent of firefighters, law enforcement personnel and emergency medical technicians.
- Twenty-nine percent of University of California and 51 percent of California State University graduates started at a California community college.
- Transfer students from the California Community Colleges to the University of California system currently account for 48 percent of UC’s bachelor’s degrees in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- California community colleges offer associate degrees and short-term job training certificates in more than 175 fields, and more than 100,000 individuals are trained each year in industry-specific workforce skills.
- Nearly 42 percent of all California veterans receiving GI educational benefits attend a California community college for workforce training, to earn an associate degree or to work toward transferring to a four-year university.
Check out our Ventura County community colleges, we’re still enrolling! See if you qualify for one of our colleges’ First Year Promise programs — a virtually free first year of college. Can’t beat that!